Friday, November 23, 2012

The Bike

My first road bike was a 2008 Specialized Roubaix Expert.  I intended to do long endurance events but things change.  I sold that one to my brother at the family discount and used the proceeds to buy bike number two.  Now that I have the goal of doing crits that are 15-30 miles I need a bike with a more aggressive profile.   

It's a 2011 Specialized Tarmac Expert.  It has full Shimano Ultegra components with the Fulcrum Racing 4 wheels that come standard on this model.  I bought it off the internet from a private seller. The previous owner had purchased it new and worked at a bike shop so I figured he'd taken fairly decent care of it.  My tires are Continental Grand Prix 4000's (700x23) with the Black Chili version on my front wheel for added aerodynamics and cornering.

Stock weight is 16.04 pounds but with my change in tires it is down to 15.9.  I have a cadence monitor on my bike computer but I generally use the Strava app on my iPhone to track my rides.  I'd like to get a power meter to assist with my training but I don't think I'm going to pay for that this year. 

This should be a fitting companion for my upcoming exploits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment